Deke McClelland, successful author of many Photoshop books, has written a new one for writing illustrated books and publications, Adobe InDesign CS3 One-on-One, released today by Oâ€™Reilly Media.
For photographers who wish to write a book, brochure, portfolio or even flyers complete with graphics, text and photographs, this is the perfect one-on-one guide to turn to.
Dekeâ€™s new guide to InDesign CS3 serves as an all-in-one training package. It comes packed with many exciting new projects, 900 full color images, diagrams, and screenshots, and more than three hours of lynda.com video instruction to show you how to do the work in real time.
Adobe InDesign CS3 One-on-One is a multimedia training solution that teaches you how to:
- â€¢ Create professional-looking documents with InDesign’s powerful text and graphic tools
- â€¢ Import text from a word processor, move and scale existing text frames, and check spelling
- â€¢ Use the line, pen, and geometric shape tools to draw complex graphic objects
- â€¢ Apply fill and stroke, specify process and spot colors, and design custom rules
- â€¢ Use Adobe Bridge to organize and manage your digital assets
- â€¢ Import and modify layered artwork from Photoshop and Illustrator
- â€¢ Create inline graphics and anchored objects that move automatically with your text from one page to the next
- â€¢ Create, edit, and link paragraph styles, complete with nested character styles
- â€¢ Apply a sequence of style sheets to format an entire document in one operation
- â€¢ Build object styles with embedded paragraph styles in order to format entire frames at a time
- â€¢ Use master pages to automate repeating page features
- â€¢ Automatically generate a table of contents
- â€¢ Compose a fully interactive document–with bookmarks, hyperlinks, buttons, sounds, and movies–and export your creation to a PDF file that can be played on most computers
Deke McClelland is a popular lecturer on Adobe Photoshop and the larger realm of computer graphics and design. He has hosted the interactive “Video Workshop” CD that shipped with Photoshop Versions 7, CS, and CS2, as well as hundreds of hours of tutorial-style video training for lynda.com and Total Training.
[Site: Oâ€™Reilly Media]