Official Contest Rules
- The photo must be a portrait and will be judged by the following criteria:
- Lighting quality (well, duh!)
- Exposure control and white balance
- Use of aperture/shutter speed as creative tools
- Posing, composition and attention to detail
- While available light may be used for accent, a key light (flash or tungsten) must be used.
- The deadline for entries is midnight EST July 15th, 2006. Winners will be announced on the air during our August 1 LightSource podcast.
- The photo must be taken by the entrant
- Photos must have been taken during 2006
- Entrants may only submit one photo for judging
- No major manipulation should be done to the photo. Cropping, color and contrast adjustments are acceptable
- Winners will be contacted by email or flickrmail and asked to send a mailing address to StudioLighting.net for processing
Photos thought to be outside of the above criteria may be removed from consideration without the entrant being notified.
How to Enter:
Photos must be submitted to the Flickr.com LightSource group and tagged with the ‘slnetcontest001‘ tag to be considered. If you do not have a Flickr.com account, submissions may be emailed to email@example.com. Emailed photos will be posted to Flickr.com using the LightSource_podcast user account.
What can you win?
Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 photos as selected by Christopher Grey and the Shootsmarter.com staff.
The prizes are as follows:
A full collection of Shootsmarter DVDs – every DVD in the catalogue: http://www.shootsmarter.com/videos.html
Shootsmarter DVDs – “Digital Portrait Lighting Level 3 with Christopher Grey” plus “Digital Exposure Control”
Shootsmarter DVD – “Digital Portrait Lighting Level 3 with Christopher Grey”
Visit this page to see the photos being submitted and announcements regarding the winners.
Below is a slide show of photos that have been submitted to the contest so far:
July 15, 2006 Update: The results are in! Click here to see the winners.