In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed discuss the best camera lenses for portraiture as well as portable storage devices for your digital photos.
The music from this episode was discovered on the PodShow podsafe Music Network
LightSource Episode 6 (Audio Article Series) [32:37 minutes]
LightSource E006 [14.9 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- New theme at StudioLighting.net
- Lighting Questions section coming soon
- Ed and Bill talk about their new years resolutions
- Bill gets a new Nikon D50 and sells his Sony F717
- Focal length multipliers for DSLR cameras
Audio Article Part I: Lenses for Portraiture
Rule of thumb – around 100mm (equivalent) lens is considered most pleasing for portraits
Short Telephoto Lens
– Good shooting distance
– Depth of field allows some blurring of background
Bill and Ed also discuss Fixed focal length versus telephoto zoom lenses
Audio Article Part II: Portable Photo Storage Devices
Bill and Ed discuss portable storage devices for digital photography.
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!