Bill and Ed speak with professional commercial photographer Mark Robert Halper about how to get started in commercial photography, his career, and more in this episode of LightSource.
Mark Robert Halper, professional commercial photographer
Mark specializes in people photography for advertising, corporate and editorial publication, and is one of the premiere photographers in Los Angeles, CA.
View Mark Robert Halper’s portfolio at: studiomark.com
In addition, Mark is offering two internship opportunities.
Mark was also interviewed in the September 2005 issue of Rangefinder Magazine.
LightSource Episode 2 (Interview Series) [36:15 minutes]
LightSource E002 [16.6 MB]
In this episode:
Special Guest Mark Robert Halper discusses:
- Getting started in commercial photography
- The art of the 15 minute portrait
- Photographing celebrities and CEOs
- Film vs. Digital
- Shooting with a Hasselblad H1/Imacon 96
- Why softboxes are time machines
- Subtractive lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- Workflow and software
- When to Photoshop
- Focusing in the studio
- Clients he has enjoyed
- The Low Overhead project
- The Bed Project
- Using Home Depot work lights
- Mattress tags and the secret to good photography