In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with commercial and celebrity portrait photographer Lionel Deluy.
Sean Campbell and Steve Hill (Firesickle.com)
Lionel Deluy, commercial and celebrity portrait photographer.
LightSource Episode 51 (Interview Series) [60:52 minutes]
LightSource E051 [27.9 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Happy 2nd Birthday LightSource!
- Comparison of web slide show and web site options for photographers:
- Slideshow Pro
- Livebooks photography web sites
- Lightroom galleries and theturninggate.net
- Photodex Proshow Producer
- The Alien Bees Zeus system, first impressions
Special Guest Lionel Deluy discusses:
- Growing up with a passion for photography
- Working as a photo studio assistant in Paris
- His rapid fire shooting style
- Never planning anything
- Being inspired by your subject
- When to use a ring flash
- Differences between photographing men and women
- His love of digital photography
- Canon equipment and favorite light tools
- Creating a dark portrait, using grids and bowl reflectors
- Dealing with burn outAdvice to beginner photographersBeing a photographer on America’s
- Next Top Model, Episode 904
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!