In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with professional commercial actor and model Aaron Marcus.
Bill Crawford, publisher of StudioLighting.net (Flickr)
Ed Hidden, exclusive IStockPhoto.com photographer (Flickr)
Aaron Marcus, commercial model, instructor and author.
Aaron has been a full-time actor and commercial model since 1986. He has been cast in over 1000 TV and radio commercials, corporate films and print ads including: AT&T, McDonalds, Prudential Health Care, The Discovery Channel, Disney and more. Aaron has written what many consider the most important book for commercial modeling entitled, “How to Become a Successful Commercial Model” and travels throughout North America teaching people how to become successful commercial models with his 6-hour â€œActing/Modeling Boot Campâ€.
LightSource Episode 31 (Interview Series) [60:00 minutes]
LightSource E031 [27.8 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Adobe releases public beta of Photoshop CS3
- Popular Photography reviews the Pentax K10D DSLR
- Coming soon review of the Alien Bee Moon Unit for the ABR800
- Ed’s Disney photography adventures
- Epson story teller photobook creators
Special Guest Aaron Marcus discusses:
- Working as a professional commercial model
- Commercial modeling versus fashion modeling
- What makes a good commercial model
- Posing do’s and don’ts
- Communicating with your models
- What photographers can do to help inexperienced models
- Trade for print and building a portfolio
- When to pay for a model
- The content of his book “How To Become A Successful Commercial Model“