In this episode, Bill and Ed talk with commercial model photographer Joe Edelman. Joe shares his unique approach to modeling portfolio development and more.
Joe Edelman, commercial model photographer.
Joe is a commercial photographer from Philadelphia, PA specializing in helping models find advertising work.
View Joe’s web site at: JoeEdelman.com
LightSource Episode 26 (Interview Series) [57:21 minutes]
LightSource E026 [26.3 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- New member of the StudioLighting.net news team
- Come to the PhotoPlus expo and hear Ed speak about microstock photography
- Possible meet and greet for LightSource fans at PhotoPlus
- The results of our listener survey so far
- Also, please fill out our Listener Survey!
Special Guest Joe Edelman discusses:
- Getting started in photography
- Being all about connecting with people
- His unique approach to creating modeling portfolios
- Why the modeling portfolio isn’t about the model
- Preparing for a modeling session
- What makes a good modeling portfolio
- What types of models he works with most often
- Model listing web sites and TFP (Trade For Print)
- Why every image involves at least three people
- His strobe lighting equipment
- Home brew flourescent lighting
- Not using light meters
- Learning to see light
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!