In this episode, Bill and Ed talk with commercial model photographer Joe Edelman. Joe shares his unique approach to modeling portfolio development and more.
Joe Edelman, commercial model photographer.
Joe is a commercial photographer from Philadelphia, PA specializing in helping models find advertising work.
View Joe’s web site at: JoeEdelman.com
LightSource Episode 26 (Interview Series) [57:21 minutes]
LightSource E026 [26.3 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- New member of the StudioLighting.net news team
- Come to the PhotoPlus expo and hear Ed speak about microstock photography
- Possible meet and greet for LightSource fans at PhotoPlus
- The results of our listener survey so far
- Also, please fill out our Listener Survey!
Special Guest Joe Edelman discusses:
- Getting started in photography
- Being all about connecting with people
- His unique approach to creating modeling portfolios
- Why the modeling portfolio isn’t about the model
- Preparing for a modeling session
- What makes a good modeling portfolio
- What types of models he works with most often
- Model listing web sites and TFP (Trade For Print)
- Why every image involves at least three people
- His strobe lighting equipment
- Home brew flourescent lighting
- Not using light meters
- Learning to see light