In this episode, Bill and Ed discuss the advantages and implications of the RAW image file format.
Bill Crawford, publisher of StudioLighting.net (Flickr)
Ed Hidden, exclusive IStockPhoto.com photographer (Flickr)
LightSource Episode 21 (Audio Article Series) [45:30 minutes]
LightSource E021 [20.7 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Nikon hypes the D80 it’s newest DSLR
- The World’s largest photograph has been taken
- Announcing the winners of the first StudioLighting.net portrait photo contest! CONGRATULATIONS! View the contest page for winning photos and the judges comments.
- What is the RAW image format?
- Benefit of working with high color depth images
- Non-destructive editing with RAW
- Using photoshop and RAW to build complex images
- Capturing RAW and JPG together
- Software for RAW processing
- Using what comes with your camera
- Pixmantec products
- Adobe Camera RAW
- Bill and Ed give their take on Adobe Lightroom
- Impressions of Apple Aperture with special guest and LightSource listener Mariano Friginal
- Nikon Capture NX
- Disadvantages of shooting RAW
- Importance of proper exposure in digital shooting
Answers to listener’s questions:
- Do I need a light meter for just one light?
- How do I take Black on Black portraits?
- What are good lenses for product photography?