In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with CEO of iStockphoto Bruce Livingston about the history of his company and about how you can start making money by selling your photography through this rapidly growing site.
Bruce Livingstone, CEO of iStockphoto.com
On this BONUS episode of LightSource, hear from the founder of the world’s fastest growing independent library of royalty-free images about how you can get paid for your photography and enjoy membership of the internet’s premier photography community.
Bruce Livingstone, founder of iStockphoto.com, iStockPro.com, Evolvs Media Inc and Webcore Labs Inc, conceived the iStockphoto engine. Today its community operates the site, members upload and maintain the database of files. Teams of highly trained Inspectors (like Ed) research each file for quality, authenticity, copyright infringement, categorization and accuracy. iStockphoto.com receives over 14,000 new images each week.
LightSource Episode 37 (Interview Series) [29:34 minutes]
LightSource E012 [13.6 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Ed’s trip to Photoshop World conference
- Ed gets interrogated by the FAA
- Ed tries out his new Canon DSLR
Special Guest Bruce Livingstone, founder of iStockphoto.com discusses:
- How iStockphoto.com began
- Getting started as an iStockphoto.com contributor
- What stock photos sell best
- Camera tips for stock photographers
- Making a living with iStockphoto.com
- Advancing commission structure at iStockphoto.com
- Higher commissions with the exclusivity program
- Where to get an education at iStockphoto.com
- An inside look at the iStockphoto community
- What happens on an Istockalypse and iStockphoto mini-lypses
- Bruce makes an exclusive special announcement