In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with David Tobie, product technology manager from Datacolor.
Sean Campbell and Steve Hill (Firesickle.com)
David Tobie, Datacolor.
LightSource Episode 57 (Interview Series) [50:42 minutes]
LightSource E057 [25.4 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Printed portfolios
Use coupon code “ls1” to save 10% on your registration!
- DIY Flash diffuser
- Poor mans tripod
- Radio Popper update
Special Guests Dan Couto discusses:
- Why calibration is important
- Why images look different across monitors
- Basic color management for screen viewing
- Intro to color profiles
- Why doesnt my prints match my monitor?
- Color Spaces and capture spaces
- Soft proofing your images
- Srgb vs Adobe rgb camera color spaces
- Color calibrating for your local print lab
- Color management for printers
- Monitor color calibration process
- Building a monitor profile
- How ambient light effects monitor color
- Proofing lights for print review
- Calibration on a laptop for field work
- Datacolor product options:
- Free online resources for color management