In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with David Tobie, product technology manager from Datacolor.
Sean Campbell and Steve Hill (Firesickle.com)
David Tobie, Datacolor.
LightSource Episode 57 (Interview Series) [50:42 minutes]
LightSource E057 [25.4 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Printed portfolios
Use coupon code “ls1” to save 10% on your registration!
- DIY Flash diffuser
- Poor mans tripod
- Radio Popper update
Special Guests Dan Couto discusses:
- Why calibration is important
- Why images look different across monitors
- Basic color management for screen viewing
- Intro to color profiles
- Why doesnt my prints match my monitor?
- Color Spaces and capture spaces
- Soft proofing your images
- Srgb vs Adobe rgb camera color spaces
- Color calibrating for your local print lab
- Color management for printers
- Monitor color calibration process
- Building a monitor profile
- How ambient light effects monitor color
- Proofing lights for print review
- Calibration on a laptop for field work
- Datacolor product options:
- Free online resources for color management
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!