In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with commercial photographer Brandon Voges from Bruton Stoube.
Sean Campbell and Steve Hill (Firesickle.com)
Brandon Voges, commercial photographer.
LightSource Episode 55 (Interview Series) [51:38 minutes]
LightSource E055 [23.6 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Happy New Year – resolutions
- Listener Questions:
– Using music with web slide shows
– What is the difference between a shoot through umbrella and a standard one?
– How to post in the LightSource Flickr group photo pool
- Photographing Christmas
- “Welcome to Oz” book by Vincent Versace
Special Guests Brandon Voges discusses:
- Getting started as a commercial photographer
- How his retouching background helps his photography
- Shooting for composite images
- The making of a paintball office image
- Getting real emotion to come through in a photo
- Using natural light when possible
- Using lamp socket strobe lights and stick light strobes
- Color balance in mixed light
- Lighting in dark settings and bars
- Sharpening techniques and photoshop
- Using the fade command in photoshop
- Using water in the studio
- Lighting for sports portraits
- Not metering and bracketing using raw files
- Creating flare
- Favorite studio equipment
- Using your iphone as a marketing tool
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!