Canon EOS 40D Firmware Version 1.0.5 is now available for download from the Canon website. The update includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- 1. When playing back images just after recovering from Auto Power Off, the display now shows the last image played back.
- 2. During remote shooting, images are now displayed on the camera’s LCD monitor right after they are taken.
- 3. Corrects a warning message in Korean that appears when updating the firmware.
- 4. Corrects errors in the Spanish menu screens.
- 5. Corrects a phenomenon that prevented printing with some print systems.
- 6. Corrects a rare phenomenon in which file numbers or image numbers were sometimes skipped.
An FAQ as well as instructions on how to install the firmware are available at the site.
[Site: Canon Japan]