O’Reilly has released Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage, offering a quick way to learn the updated and more powerful image enhancing software from Adobe. Photoshop Elements distinguishes itself from the full-blown Adobe Photoshop application by offering an easier interface and a lower price for most consumer users.
“Elements 9 has some major new features, like Layer Masks, and the Organizer for Mac, that are very powerful but not easy to figure out, as well as some fun new features that you may well overlook if you don’t know where to find them,” says expert author Barbara Brundage. “I hope that the book will help my readers understand how to get the most from all of them.”
Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual highlights the following:
- Quickly learn your way around. Customize Elements to suit your working style.
- Get to work right away. Import, organize, and make quick image fixes with ease.
- Retouch any image. Learn how to repair and restore your old and damaged photos.
- Add some pizzazz. Give images more zip with dozens of filters, frames, and special effects.
- Find your creative flair. Create scrapbooks, greeting cards, photo books, and more.
- Use advanced techniques. Work with layers, blend modes, and other tools.
- Try out your new skills. Download practice images and try new tricks as you learn.