In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with commercial photographer Chase Jarvis.
Sean Campbell and Steve Hill (Firesickle.com)
Chase Jarvis, acclaimed sports, lifestyle and popular culture photographer.
LightSource Episode 45 (Interview Series) [59:55 minutes]
LightSource E045 [27.4 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- New Video Tutorial section
- David Griffin a.k.a. Prince of Cheap
- Lighting accessories specific to manufacturers
- Six dollar snoot
- Better Flickr Firefox Extension
Special Guest Chase Jarvis discusses:
- Getting started as a commercial photographer
- The joy of travel
- Keeping a dynamic feel to his images
- Is style planned or natural?
- Chase Jarvis Raw ninja video
- Where lighting fits in to the creative process
- Focusing on micro moments
- Deciding what to bring on a shoot
- Big disasters on the set and being prepared
- Being prepared to meet challenges
- Having many cameras and lenses and backups
- Why a commercial shoot is a team effort
- The Ninja Shoot
- Less is more
- A golfer in the dark
- Examining the market place and finding what’s not there
- The importance of personal work
- Mission critical gear
- Light modifiers
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!