In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with celebrity and entertainment photographer, Michael Muller.
Michael Muller, photographer.
LightSource Episode 32 (Interview Series) [39:04 minutes]
LightSource E032 [17.9 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Michael Grecco’s Book Lighting and the Dramatic Portrait
- New review of the Photoflex Starflash
- Canon and Pentax firmware upgrades
- Web based image editor Fauxto.com
- Astronaut loses her camera in space
- Digg.com adds podcast section – Digg LightSource!
- Leave comments for us on iTunes
Special Guest Michael Muller discusses:
- Getting Started in photography
- Why he didn’t stay in photography school
- Being a self taught photographer
- Learning to artificially light from natural light
- Why good assistants are important
- Getting the image right in the camera
- How he has mastered color in his images
- The secret to getting iconic portraits
- Learning to work fast and be creative in your environment
- The no stress workflow and being in control of your shoot
- Being portable (using assistants as c-stands)
- Shooting with Profoto gear
- Underwater fashion photography for charity
- Operating your own web site
- Having a minimalist approach to lighting
- Making daylight look like night
- Canon versus Nikon sensor quality
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!