Canonâ€™s latest Firmware 1.1.1 for the EOS 40D SLR is meant to fix a few malfunctions that happen as â€œrare occurrences.â€ Issued today, the updated firmware:
1. Fixes a malfunction that in rare occurrence causes a low battery indication to be displayed when using the EF 85mm F1.2L II USM lens. Depending on the battery check timing of the camera, the battery level displayed on the cameraâ€™s LCD data panel may show â€œBattery will be exhausted soonâ€ or â€œBattery must be rechargedâ€, even though the battery capacity is sufficient.
2. Fixes a malfunction that in rare occurrence causes an Err 06 Self Cleaning Sensor malfunction to appear on the cameraâ€™s LCD monitor and LCD data panel, even when the Self Cleaning Sensor Unit is operating normally. This message may appear depending on the timing of when the camera is switch to the ON position.
3. Fixes a malfunction that prevents correct colors from being printed when direct printing. RAW images captured using the cameraâ€™s custom Picture Styles (Emerald, etc.), which have been downloaded from Canonâ€™s Web site and registered under User Def. 2 or User Def. 3.
4. Modifies the level of subject brightness that causes the AF-assist beam to fire when using an external Speedlite.
5. Enables an external flash connected to the cameraâ€™s synchro terminal to fire even when the cameraâ€™s built-in flash is popped up.
[Site: Canon Japan]