Studio Lighting Questions
This area of the site will be where we answer real questions from StudioLighting.net visitors and folks who listen to our photography and lighting podcast, LightSource. We will take our best shot at an answer, but we encourage you to leave comments when you feel you have something helpful to say!
You can leave a new question for us using the contact page. We will contact you when your question has been answered.
Don't forget to subscribe to the StudioLighting.net RSS feed to be notified when new questions are added!
The following is the archive of questions that have been asked and recently answered:
- How Much Power Do I Need? (low powered strobes)
- Too much light with ISO 400 film
- Won't hot lights melt a foamcore softbox?
- How does ambient light affect make-up?
- Lighting for a black on black photo
- Camera settings for black and white versus color film
- What is the most flattering light for wrinkles?
- Good lighting setup for a small portrait studio?
- Which lenses should I buy?
- Do I need a flash meter with a one light setup?
- What type of lens is best for product photography?
- Softer shadows with my speedlight
- Light modifiers for Home Depot lights
- Metering multiple lights
- What is an alternative to umbrellas
- Where can I buy color correction filters
- Home setup for product shots
- Quick portable lighting setup for parties
- Blurry pictures in the studio
- Lighting Setup for photographing sheepskin boots
- Using a sync cord to fire strobe lights
- Calibrating my flash meter
- Using my camera's built-in flash for fill
- What is a good basic lighting kit?
- How does digital chroma key composting work?
- Lighting textured glass
- My lights are turned down and I still can't get f16
- Dimensions of a home studio
- Lighting automobiles
- Pictures at hockey games
- Buying my first softbox
- Using my iPod for photo storage
- Red tone from my lighting setup?
- Flashes firing randomly
- What lights should I get for white backgrounds?
- Softboxes or Umbrellas for Bill and Ed?
- What to do when your studio lights are too bright
- Focus lights and Micro Sync
- Layout of StudioLighting.net
- Wattage of the foam core softbox