The new book, The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2: The Unofficial Quintessential Guide by Carol Roullard and Brian Matsumoto, offers a wealth of information and insights for owners of this powerful HD camera.
With its electronic viewfinder and interchangeable lenses, the GH2 is capable of not only recording professional-quality still images, but has the added ability to record HD video. The mirrorless design enhances the camera’s versatility beyond that of most digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras.
With the appropriate adapters, it can use virtually any manufacturer’s manual focus, legacy lenses. It is smaller than a typical DSLR in both size and weight, and retains automatic focusing while recording videos – a feature that is missing in many DSLR cameras.
In this guide, authors Carol Roullard and Brian Matsumoto explore and explain the GH2 camera in detail, as they cover everything from the camera’s basic features to numerous advanced photographic applications.
In the book, readers will learn how to:
- Control the basic camera functions – focus and exposure
- Navigate the camera’s menu system
- Achieve a range of artistic effects using various camera settings
- Use the camera’s automated controls, and override those controls to obtain better exposure
- Use the GH2 in its video mode to capture HD videos
- Post-process images and videos on a computer
- Expand the camera’s use by mounting it on a telescope or microscope