O’Reilly Media has released the new book, Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual by Lesa Snider, a how-to guide for the latest version of Photoshop imaging software.
The new book makes learning Photoshop a breeze by explaining things in a friendly, conversational style without technical jargon. The book covers the most important things you need to know:
- Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop’s beautiful new workspace.
- Unlock the magic. Discover the most practical ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and other tools.
- Fine-tune your images. Learn techniques for cropping, retouching, and combining photos.
- Play with color. Drain, change, and add color; and create gorgeous black-and-whites and duotones.
- Be artistic. Create original illustrations and paintings, use text and filters effectively, and edit video clips.
- Share your work. Produce great-looking images for print and the Web.
- Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks.