Nikon has issued Firmware Version 1.10 for its flagship D3 digital SLR, updating both the A and B firmware of the camera.
According to Nikon, the following modifications are enabled with the latest A and B firmware upgrade:
- â€¢ A “Vignette Control” item has been added to the “Shooting Menu”.
- â€¢ A focus point brightness item has been added to the “a6: Focus point illumination” setting in the “Autofocus” category in the “Custom Settings”.
- â€¢ The “Highlights” playback display option has been moved from “Display mode > Basic photo info > Highlights” in the playback menu to “Display Mode > Detailed photo info > Highlights”.
- â€¢ When shutter speed and/or aperture are locked when shooting in LiveView mode, using the “L” (command lock) button, an “L” icon is now displayed in the camera monitor.
- â€¢ The size and color of “Demo” displayed in the monitor with playback, when “No memory card?” in the “Custom Settings” is set to “Enable Release”, have been modified.
- â€¢ The range of settings available for “ISO sensitivity settings > ISO sensitivity auto control > Minimum shutter speed” in the Shooting Menu has been increased from 1/250th – 1s to 1/4000s – 1s.
- â€¢ When a compatible Speedlight or Wireless Speedlight Commander is used, the AF assist illuminator now lights regardless of focal length.
- â€¢ When shooting in hand-held LiveView mode and the frame is magnified prior to autofocusing, operation has been modified so that display returns to the magnified display rather than full-frame display.
- â€¢ In some rare cases, white balance was not accurately calculated for images captured at a shutter speed of around 1/4s in P and A exposure modes. This issue has been resolved.
- â€¢ When attempting to crop images at an aspect ratio of 4:3 using the “Trim” option in the “Retouch” menu, the cropped image did not have an accurate 4:3 aspect ratio. This issue has been resolved.