Exploring North American Landscapes: Visions and Lessons in Digital Photography (Rocky Nook, $39.95 USD) is a new book by March Muench detailing what you need to know to find, capture, and process amazing landscape images.
Muench, a third generation landscape photographer, tells us his stories as well as those of his father and grandfather, and discusses how landscape photography is more than simply an exploration of the landscape – it is ultimately an exploration of oneself.
In Part 1 of the book Marc shares:
- His philosophy about photography
- Personal stories of growing up in a professional photographic family
- Methods used in creating his landscape and sports images
- Stories about chasing down spectacular light
- Methods for his works in progress
In Part 2 of the book Mark takes you through the technical procedures he uses to:
- Capture and process a digital image
- Blend images together into HDR scenes
- Optimize color digital files
- Get the most out of Adobe Bridge and Lightroom
Foreword by Katrin Eismann.