Canon USA launched today six new lenses designed for professional use. The 6 serious glasses are:
1. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM lens (above) â€“ the ideal telephoto zoom lens for advanced amateurs looking for that extra reach to bring a subject in tight and close. Features L-series weather and dust sealing for shooting in harsh conditions; available in October for $1,500.
2. Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens â€“ billed as the world’s widest fisheye zoom, it delivers 180 degrees angle of view for all EOS SLR cameras with imaging formats ranging from full-frame to APS-C, and provides 180Ëš circular fisheye images for full-frame EOS models. Price: $1,500, for release this October.
3. Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens â€“ the 6th generation in the family of Canon 300mm f/2.8 lenses that began in 1974, ideal for professional photojournalism and sports photography to nature and wildlife. Price: $7000, available in December 2010.
4. Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens â€“ for many sports assignments including baseball, football, soccer and golf, Canon’s professional 400mm f/2.8 lenses provide the light gathering capability and long telephoto reach that photographers need to freeze the action and fill the frame. Price: $11,000 available in December 2010.
5. Canon Extender EF 1.4x III & Canon Extender EF 2x III â€“ designed to provide faster autofocusing and improved autofocus precision with compatible EF lenses. Available in December for $500 each.
[Via: Canon USA]