Canon USA is launching the Canon New Baby Photo Contest. It will have a grand prize of $10,000 that can be applied toward the education of your new baby.
To kick start the contest, Canon has teamed up with baby formula maker Enfamil who will now include brochures and a photo book with Enfamilâ€™s diaper bag, given for free to new mothers at participating hospitals.
The contest rules are there in the brochures as well as more information about the contest. One million Enfamil diaper bags will be distributed up to April 2008.
New mothers who did not receive an Enfamil diaper bag can also enter the Canon New Baby Photo Contest from December 1, 2007 until May 30, 2008 by visiting www.canonestore.com/babyphoto to upload up to six eligible photos.
Finalists will be announced on July 1, 2008 and the public will be able to vote for their favorite photos from among the finalists.
Aside from the grand prize of $10,000 there will also be multiple first, second and third prizes:
Three (3) First Prize Winners
- One (1) Canon EOS 40D Digital SLR Camera and
- One (1) Canon SELPHY ES2 Compact Photo Printer
- (Approximate Retail Value: $1700)
Three (3) Second Prize Winners
- One (1) Canon PowerShot Digital ELPH Camera and
- One (1) $200 Babies Râ€™ Us Gift Certificate
- (Approximate Retail Value: $550)
Ten (10) Third Prize Winners
- One (1) Canon PIXMA MP970 All-In-One Photo Printer and
- One (1) $100 Babies Râ€™ Us Gift Certificate
- (Approximate Retail Value: $400)
The contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. who are not professional photographers. No purchase or entry fee required.
[Site: Canon USA]