The HDRI Handbook: High Dynamic Range Imaging for Photographers and CG Artists by Christian Bloch is now off the press and available for $50.
The new book is packed with practical hints and tips, software evaluations, workshops, and hands-on tutorials that reveal the secrets of HDRI. High Dynamic Range Imaging is a method to digitally capture and edit all light in a scene, solving the age-old problem of over- and underexposure that dogged analog photography. HDRI is another real advantage of digital over analog.
– Understanding the foundation of HDRI
– Tools for a high dynamic range workflow
– How to capture HDR images: today and tomorrow
– Tone mapping to create superior prints
– HDR image processing and compositing
– Shooting and stitching HDR panoramas
– Image based lighting and CG rendering
– World premiere of Picturenaut and Smart IBL
– Creative uses and unconventional applications
The book has a companion DVD containing a new breed of community-driven HDR software. HDRI also has its own website devoted fully to high dynamic range imaging.
The bookâ€™s author, Christian Bloch, is an Emmy Award winner who created effects for the TV shows StarTrek: Enterprise, Smallville, Invasion, Lost, 24, and Studio 60, as well as several movies and commercials.