To complement the Nikon D3 and D300 announced today by Nikon USA, the company also unveiled five new lenses:
- 1. AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- 2. AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- 3. AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR (pictured above)
- 4. AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR
- 5. AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR
The first two are fast wide-angle to normal zooms for both the Nikon FX format image sensor of the D3 and the DX format of the D300.
Nos. 3, 4, and 5 are super telephoto lenses also for the FX and DX sensors. These telephoto lenses are fitted with Vibration Reduction (VR II) to minimize the effects of camera shake, allowing photographers to shoot at as much as four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, according to Nikon.
All these new lenses will be available in November 2007.
[Site: Nikon USA]