In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with professional commercial actor and model Aaron Marcus.
Aaron Marcus, commercial model, instructor and author.
Aaron has been a full-time actor and commercial model since 1986. He has been cast in over 1000 TV and radio commercials, corporate films and print ads including: AT&T, McDonalds, Prudential Health Care, The Discovery Channel, Disney and more. Aaron has written what many consider the most important book for commercial modeling entitled, “How to Become a Successful Commercial Model” and travels throughout North America teaching people how to become successful commercial models with his 6-hour â€œActing/Modeling Boot Campâ€.
LightSource Episode 31 (Interview Series) [60:00 minutes]
LightSource E031 [27.8 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Adobe releases public beta of Photoshop CS3
- Popular Photography reviews the Pentax K10D DSLR
- Coming soon review of the Alien Bee Moon Unit for the ABR800
- Ed’s Disney photography adventures
- Epson story teller photobook creators
Special Guest Aaron Marcus discusses:
- Working as a professional commercial model
- Commercial modeling versus fashion modeling
- What makes a good commercial model
- Posing do’s and don’ts
- Communicating with your models
- What photographers can do to help inexperienced models
- Trade for print and building a portfolio
- When to pay for a model
- The content of his book “How To Become A Successful Commercial Model“