In this episode, Bill and Ed talk with commercial photographer’s assistant Dylan Borgman. Dylan talks about being a professional assistant in a digital industry.
Bill Crawford, publisher of StudioLighting.net (Flickr)
Ed Hidden, exclusive IStockPhoto.com photographer (Flickr)
Dylan Borgman, commercial photographer’s assistant.
Dylan is a professional photographer’s assistant and a digital technician from Los Angeles.
View Dylan’s web site at: http://homepage.mac.com/dylanborgman/
View Dylan’s blog at: http://laphotoassistant.blogspot.com
LightSource Episode 27 (Interview Series) [47:02 minutes]
LightSource E027 [21.5 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Bill and Ed’s review of the Photoflex First Studio Portrait Kit
- LightSource flickr group activity
- Logitech nuLOOQ
- Alien Bees wireless flash trigger
- Balancesmarter digital white balancer
- Tea light photo holder (Photojojo)
Special Guest Dylan Borgman discusses:
- Getting started in photography
- Getting work as an assistant
- A photographers assistant portfolio
- What makes a good assistant
- What’s in an assistants bag
- Working on the The Legacy Photoproject