In this episode, Bill and Ed talk with New York based commercial product and still life photographer Jeff Shaffer.
Jeff Shaffer, commercial product photographer.
Jeff and his wife have been involved in commercial photography for over 15 years. Their wonderful portfolio is chock full of amazing product images, beverage and beauty still lifes and more.
View Jeff’s web site at: ShafferSmith.com
LightSource Episode 22 (Interview Series) [60:04 minutes]
LightSource E022 [29.5 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Nikon D80 is really here
- Two new Nikon Lenses, 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G DX and 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
- Photoflex announces new line of monolights, StarFlash
- New Pocket Wizard Plus II
- Sony GPS-1CS adds coordinates to your images
- Blender pen transfer fun [via: Photojojo.com]
Special Guest Jeff Shaffer discusses:
- Getting started in a photography career
- Challenges to still and product photography
- Handling splashes in a photo
- Digital post production
- Capturing splashes in the studio by adjusting flash duration
- Camera types and using a DSLR in product photography
- How to choose a lens for effect
- Essentials for getting started in product photography
- Types of modifiers used in his studio
- Keeping things in place
- Lighting a car and breaking rules
- Multiple exposures
- Light tents and diffusion issues
- Shooting flatware
- Subtractive lighting
- Finding and making great backgrounds
- Jeff’s lighting course and egg photography
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!