In this episode, Bill and Ed discuss the advantages and implications of the RAW image file format.
LightSource Episode 21 (Audio Article Series) [45:30 minutes]
LightSource E021 [20.7 MB]
In this episode:
Bill and Ed discuss:
- Nikon hypes the D80 it’s newest DSLR
- The World’s largest photograph has been taken
- Announcing the winners of the first StudioLighting.net portrait photo contest! CONGRATULATIONS! View the contest page for winning photos and the judges comments.
- What is the RAW image format?
- Benefit of working with high color depth images
- Non-destructive editing with RAW
- Using photoshop and RAW to build complex images
- Capturing RAW and JPG together
- Software for RAW processing
- Using what comes with your camera
- Pixmantec products
- Adobe Camera RAW
- Bill and Ed give their take on Adobe Lightroom
- Impressions of Apple Aperture with special guest and LightSource listener Mariano Friginal
- Nikon Capture NX
- Disadvantages of shooting RAW
- Importance of proper exposure in digital shooting
Answers to listener’s questions:
- Do I need a light meter for just one light?
- How do I take Black on Black portraits?
- What are good lenses for product photography?