In this edition of LightSource, Bill and Ed talk with Neil Cowley, a NY-based Lifestyle and Wedding photojournalist.
Neil Cowley, Award winning Visual Artist
Neil is a Rochester, NY-based Lifestyle and Wedding photojournalist who aims to provide a look at “people with perspective” in his inspiring photography. Neil also provides educational information for photographers on his web site neilcowley.com. Neil is not a graduate of RIT.
LightSource Episode 13 (Interview Series) [31:02 minutes]
LightSource E013 [14.1 MB]
In this episode:
Special Guest Neil Cowley, Rochester NY based visual artist discusses:
- Leaving biology for photography
- Teaching yourself to be a professional photographer
- Shooting 40 weddings per year
- How being untrained can be a benefit
- Creating natural artificial light in large rooms
- Using Pocket Wizard channels for phased lighting setups
- Dealing with mixed lighting using gels
- Using contrasting light color for effect
- Using portable flashes indoors
- Never following directions
- View camera technique in photojournalism
- Using multiple web sites for marketing
- His upcoming lighting and composure workshop
- Advice for beginner photographers
- Rapid Fire questions
To help support LightSource, please fill out our Listener Survey! Also, don't forget to visit our LightSource Flickr Group for photo feedback and discussion. Thanks for listening!