The new Fujifilm X10 is a 12-megapixel compact that opens wide, f/2.0-f/2.8, with its 28mm-112mm equivalent lens. The new camera, with its advanced feature set, is marketed at the high end of the compact digital camera market. Fujifilm says the camera’s main features include:
- A newly-developed F2.0 wide-angle and F2.8 telephoto, bright FUJINON 4x optical manual barrel zoom lens.
- Bright optical viewfinder F2.0 wide-angle and F2.8 telephoto, bright FUJINON 4x optical manual barrel zoom lens.
- Newly-developed large 2/3″ 12 megapixel EXR-CMOS sensor and advanced EXR Processor.
- The X10’s elegant design has inherited the look and feel of the X100, along with its “made in Japan” seal of quality
- Fujifilm’s unique functions for adjusting image quality: EXR Auto, ISO settings, Film Simulation modes, White Balance presets and Noise Reduction.
The new camera is made by Fujifilm folks of Sendai, Japan who are now showing enthusiastic signs of bouncing back from the ravages of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami.