Canon has issued an update to the firmware for the new EOS 40D SLR camera. Firmware 1.0.5 is now available for download, offering some improvements and fixes to the EOS 40D:
- 1. When playing back images just after recovering from Auto Power Off, the display now shows the last image played back.
- 2. During remote shooting, images are now displayed on the camera’s LCD monitor right after they are taken.
- 3. Corrects a warning message in Korean that appears when updating the firmware.
- 4. Corrects errors in the Spanish menu screens.
- 5. Corrects a phenomenon that prevented printing with some print systems.
- 6. Corrects a rare phenomenon in which file numbers or image numbers were sometimes skipped.
[Site: Canon Japan]